Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Successful Business Owner is an Unselfish One.

Whether you own a business on the internet or off one thing in business always holds true.

If you are selfish to your employees, to your clients, to your oganization you are setting yourself up for disaster.

If you change your mindset and start to help those around you, giving of not only your knowledge but of yourself, success will soon find you. Sometimes sooner than you expected.

Open up your eyes to the needs of those around you, you will not only have a greater feeling of self worth, you will be more cherished and respected by those that interact with you.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree that being an unselfish owner is one of the keys to a successful business on or off the internet. With being a floral designer and owning my own business helping a corporate client, bride, special event coordinator even if I am not able to help them with their floral needs has helped me build my business to be one of the top floral businesses in my area.

    For example if a bride calls me and I am booked for her date I just don't tell her so and hang up I try to help her by guiding her to photographers, caterers, etc. if she does not have one already. Of course the people I refer are those that I have worked with and know that they do a great job and very dependable. The people I refer do not pay me to do so I do it because I want to help the bride with her wedding, which I feel is an unselfish act , which I really do not think about it at the time it's just my nature.

    For the past 10 years I have never advertised my business once, it has been built on word of mouth alone. Most other floral businesses would not think about taking a $500 or $1,000 wedding because of the profit structure. I have no problem taking those weddings because I know taking the function I will more than likely get a referral for a wedding or function that is for $5,000. A good referral is worth a fortune in long term profits. Right now I am on the first call list of most of the hotels and venues in my area.

    Since I also have a few businesses on the internet I have carried this unselfish mentality to those businesses which has also helped me become very successful with each endeavor.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Us For More Information!